How can I live a long life?
Get your copy of Living Better, Living Longer
- Don’t smoke.
- Enjoy physical and mental activities every day.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, and substitute healthier monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats for unhealthy saturated fats and trans fats.
What is the best diet for longevity?
A heart-healthy diet is one that includes:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains.
- Low-fat dairy products like yogurt and cheese.
- Skinless poultry.
- Lots of fish.
- Nuts and beans.
- Non-tropical vegetable oils (olive, corn, peanut, and safflower oils)
Does diet affect life expectancy?
A study found that those eating one serving of fruits and vegetables a day died 19 months sooner than those eating five servings a day, a direct correlation between plant-based diets and lifespan. Just reducing the amount of meat one eats can increase lifespan.
What is the best exercise for longevity?
The Best Exercise Routine For Longevity
- Walk fast for an hour every day. This doesn’t need to happen all at once. …
- Do cardiovascular exercise for 2.5–5 hours per week. Running, cycling, or swimming are all great options, but the type of exercise you choose isn’t important. …
- Use weight-training or weight-free exercises to strengthen all muscles.