It is often described by poets that a mother’s love is the purest form of love. While everything can be measured and evaluated, there stands a mother’s love for her child that is unmoved, unbiased and pure. Motherhood is the gift that the God has given to a woman. It is her after the God who can nurture life, and what greater gift can anyone have!
While many women give birth and experience the rollercoaster rise that raising children is, there are some women who face the hard way. Some women cannot conceive through the natural process of reproduction. It is either the woman or the man who have a sterile reproductive system which makes the couple infertile.
Infertility is not a newfound problem. However, several pieces of research have revealed that the number of infertile couples has increased tremendously over the years. The change in lifestyle has the lion’s share in the increase in infertility. The fast-paced life, the penetration of technology, smoking and alcoholism, adulteration of food, and irregularity in meals are some of the reasons that lead to an imbalance in hormones and thus have an impact on the reproductive system leading to infertility.
In today’s age infertility is a real problem which is becoming common more and more each day. When couples find out about their infertility, it is either too late to be cured, or the couple is traumatized to the extent that they have lost faith in themselves and given up the dream of having their child. Infertility has a significant impact on the couple.
If you talk to any of the couples in any IVF center in Mumbai or anywhere across the globe, you’ll know how stressful it is to deal with infertility. It is a stigma that stays with them for life. Many couples lose focus in their life, get into depression and some couples even separate. The effect of infertility is much more than just bodily incapability.
To such a couple who are facing trouble conceiving through the natural process of intercourse, IVF is silver lightning in the dark clouds. In Vitro Fertilization is a technique in which a sterile couple can give birth to their baby. IVF is a process of extracting the eggs and the sperms from the female and the male respectively, combining them in a laboratory to form embryo and them inseminating the embryo in the uterus of the woman.
There are several reasons why IVF is the ray of hope for the couple across the globe. Let’s go through all those reasons and understand how IVF treatments are a boon to couples:
- Women who have any of the following issues can benefit from IVF treatment and experience motherhood:
- Damage or ruptured fallopian tube
- Issues with the uterus
- Have endometriosis
- Have had miscarriages in the past are now having problems in holding the fetus again
- Have irregular ovulation
- Have a disturbed menstrual cycle or PCOS
- Have gone through cancer treatment or treatment of any other terminal disease
- Have unhealthy eggs
- Or any other unidentified reason for infertility
- Infertility in men is an equally common phenomenon as in women. Men facing sterility due to any of the following reasons benefit through IVF.
- Low sperm count
- Low sperm motility
- Erectile dysfunction
- Couples of the same gender can also give birth through IVF. Female couples can take sperms from a male donor and give birth to a child while male couples can opt for surrogacy.
- IVF treatments have shown success in older couples also. Fertile women over 40 years of age, who have less probability of conceiving or have low-quality eggs can also get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby.
- Couples can choose the time they want to get pregnant. Through IVF technique, the eggs and the sperms can be preserved. Through different techniques of IVF, a woman can preserve her eggs while she is in her twenties and can plan her pregnancy in her late thirties. This is done because the sperm quality decreases with increasing age.
- If a woman has a history of miscarriage and is skeptical that she will have issues in the later stages in her pregnancy, IVF comes to the rescue. The couple can opt for surrogacy. In surrogacy, although the surrogate mother will be carrying the baby for nine months, the biological mother of the child will be the intending mother and not the surrogate.
IVF centers in Mumbai are flooded with visitors from across the globe. India is seeing a significant increase in the number of IVF centres and is emerging as a global centre for IVF and surrogacy. There are continuous advancements in the field, and the IVF success rate is increasing gaining people’s trust, and many people are looking at IVF as a trusted alternate pregnancy method.
|Bio:- Arjun is the resident content marketer at progenesisivf.com. He started out as a content writer and went on to master the art of producing quality write-ups across different genres. His flair for writing meant that a career in full-fledged content marketing beckoned and when the opportunity came, Arjun grabbed it with both hands. Today, he oversees a team of writers and marketers to create winning content marketing strategies for our clients.